TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE / BUSINESS
- In these terms & conditions, Cottage Stoves Wirral is referred to as the “Us” or “we”, and the Person, Firm or Company purchasing is referred to as the “Buyer”.
- By accepting the quotation for goods and / or services from Cottage Stoves Wirral by placing an order, the buyer is deemed to have read and accepted the terms and conditions of sale.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Cottage Stoves Wirral these conditions shall form part of any contract based on an acceptance of this offer and conditions inconsistent therewith shall, unless expressly agreed in writing by us, be deemed to override or vary these conditions. These conditions shall apply not only to the present transaction but to all future business between us except in such cases it is expressly agreed in writing between us.
- All technical data, physical dimensions, capacities and other properties and particulars including drawings are made in good faith as being approximately correct but deviation there from shall not vitiate the contract nor be made the basis of any claim against us.
- The contract between ourselves and the buyer which is subject to these conditions is to be construed and to take effect as a contract made in England and in accordance with English law and any disputes arising there from shall be determined in the Courts of England.
- All prices and terms quoted in our price list or catalogues etc. may be changed by us without notice. All orders are accepted for delivery at the price and on the terms ruling at the date of despatch and orders for commissioning and repair at prices and on terms ruling at the date of service.
- Unless expressly agreed between us in writing otherwise, all sales are payable with order.
- The goods ordered by the buyer are sourced by Cottage Stoves Wirral and we insist that there can be no right for the buyer to cancel or withdraw after materials have been partially or fully paid for and any refund to the buyer would be the cost price to us not the retail price. No refunds are available for installed materials, unless proven faulty under warranty and shall be dealt with by the stove company.
- We will accept no liability for failure of our product to attain any performance figure unless we have specifically guaranteed that figure or unless that figure is quoted in our official catalogue or brochure in force at the date of delivery.
- We shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of minor blemishes and imperfections in the materials not covered by a manufacturers’ performance warranty.
- Any date or period named by us for delivery is given in good faith as an estimate only. Whilst we will endeavour to despatch within the period stated, such date or period is not to be of the essence of the contract, and the buyer shall be bound to accept the goods ordered when available. We shall not be liable in any way for labour costs or other expenditure incurred by the buyer in respect of late delivery.
- If, having given to the buyer notice that the goods or any part of them are ready for despatch, we do not receive forwarding instructions to enable us to despatch within 14 days from the date thereof, the buyer shall take delivery or arrange for storage of the goods, failing which we shall be entitled to store the goods at the buyers risk and expense.
- Where the price does not include delivery or carriage being provided by the buyer, the buyer shall be responsible for any loss or damage in transit.
- Carriage or postage on spare parts will be prepaid and charged in full to the buyer. Where express delivery is requested by the buyer all additional costs will be charged in full to the buyer.
- The buyer shall inspect the goods immediately on delivery thereof and within 48 hours after delivery give notice to us of any matter or thing by reason whereof the buyer may allege that the goods are not in accordance with the contract. If the buyer fails to give such notice the goods shall be deemed to be in all respects in accordance with the contract. Any claims made by the buyer against us under the terms and conditions of our warranty (below) must be substantiated to our satisfaction and we may refuse to replace, repair or credit in respect of any alleged faulty part until sufficient evidence of the validity of the claim has been presented.
- Our liability in respect of any defect in, or failure of, the goods, or for any loss, injury or damage attributed thereto is limited to the cost of replacement of the goods or the repairing of such defects which under proper use have appeared therein and arise solely from faulty design, materials or workmanship. Repaired or replacement parts will be delivered by us to the buyer free of charge. Faulty goods shall not form the subject of any claim for labour costs or other expenditure incurred by the buyer and we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising out of any such fault.
- Cottage Stoves Wirral cannot be held responsible in any way for any goods incorrectly or illegally fitted. The company has no control over how the consumer chooses to fit or use such items. It is the responsibility of the consumer to check with their registered HETAS installer or building control officer, as to the suitability and use of the goods required for their own specific installation and local regulations. We recommend our own sister company Cottage Stoves Fitting Services Ltd for the installation service and we will guarantee their work. We are not liable for loss of profits, loss of business or other consequential, special or indirect loss arising out of the installation process if any other company is used to install your stove/s.
- We are not liable for loss of profits, loss of business or other consequential, special or indirect loss arising out of the use of any product purchased from Cottage Stoves Wirral.
- We specifically do not accept liability for financial or consequential losses, expenses or damage occasioned by defects in manufacturing or arising from any other cause.
- Only in exceptional circumstances and by previous written agreement Cottage Stoves Wirral will accept back items provided that the goods to be returned are new, of standard design colour and unused. Restocking charges will be applied by us.
- All stoves are covered by their manufacturers warranty. The warranty covers the stove body castings only and does not include consumable items such as grates, door rope, bricks and glass.
- If you do not abide by the terms & conditions regarding the maintenance of your Stove and Liner (they must be serviced/swept at least every 12 months… 6 months if heavily used) then all warranties are nil & void.